Made in Maidenhead - the town centre show
We are really keen to make this a Community Event, and we would like to showcase as many Maidenhead groups and businesses as we can. There are lots of ways to get involved.....
- Sponsor us. Because most of our fees are being donated to our two nominated charities, we have very little money to pay for promotion. We would love to get the word out to as many people in Maidenhead as possible, so if you would like to sponsor some printing costs for us, we can print more flyers and entry forms! And, in return, we will splash your name all over anything we've got.
- Take a stand or booth. You can use the opportunity to promote your group or business, or to run a workshop or demonstration. The only thing we ask is that you don't sell from the stand, unless you are a charity or you're selling food.
- Be Creative! - We are calling on groups and organisations, businesses and schools to take over a part of the Town Centre or the Nicholsons Centre, and "Craft Bomb" it. Just let us know if you'd like to do this (we'll assign your spot, once we have permission from the appropriate people). Your challenge will be to transform that area, using any craft form you'd like (the traditional form is knitting or crochet, but go crazy - do anything you'd like). You can create something relating to your group, or just something to make people smile, then on the evening of July 11th, or the morning of the 12th, you will attach your creation to your area. Your Craft Bomb will be in place only for the day of the 12th, and the next day, it will be taken down. Here is a definition of yarn bombing, and some examples of what has been done before - but feel free to do anything you'd like! (Click Here)
- Spread the word. If you've got a mailing list, or Facebook or Twitter followers, please let them know about this fantastic event!
- And, obviously, join in and enter your prize winning cakes and photographs, get your kids into the fancy dress competition, and even Rover can join in the Dog Competition!
Come and join us! If you'd like more information, or to register interest, please contact us HERE.